Farooq Mughal, managing partner of MSGlobal Partners, LLC focuses his practice on global public policy, lobbying, economic development, and international trade negotiations. Mr. Mughal represents clients on legislative issues, government relations, real estate lobbying, financial services, global trade, and other legislative and related regulatory matters. Mr. Mughal has advised U.S. Congressmen, Governors, Mayors, and legislators on economic development policies, legislative priorities, international commerce, and state-federal policy matters.
As managing partner, Mr. Mughal has represented $950 million public/private economic development projects. His clients include real estate developers, state lawmakers, technology companies, world leaders, investors, and companies engaged in government relations. He advises these companies on public policy matters before the Georgia General Assembly and state/federal government agencies.
In May 2013, Mr. Mughal was one of the few national leaders invited to the White House to meet President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. In May 2012, Mr. Mughal was selected to serve on the Atlanta Steering Committee of the White House Initiatives on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders Southeast Summit 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Mughal’s leadership in the political and public policy arena has been recognized by the White House, U.S. Congress, Georgia Governor Governors, and Georgia state legislators.
Prior to his work in the legislative arena, Mr. Mughal worked at the prestigious and Atlanta’s oldest law firm King & Spalding LLP. At King & Spalding, he got the opportunity to work under Judge Griffin Bell, who served as the 72nd Attorney General of the United States under President Jimmy Carter. Mr. Mughal also served as an effective legal aide to the Chief Assistant Solicitor General of Gwinnett County, where he was responsible for legislative research and coordination of seminars for Prosecuting Attorney’s Council of Georgia and Governor’s Office of Highway Safety.
Mr. Mughal has been covered in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Gwinnett Daily Post, Savannah Morning News, WJCL 22 News, The Korean Daily, and Khabar Magazine.
- Mercer University, Undergraduate, Criminal Justice
- Harvard Law School, Executive Education, International Negotiation
- Georgetown University, Government Affairs Institute
- FBI Citizens Academy, Graduate 2009
- Letter of Commendation - Georgia House of Representatives (2015)
- Letter of Commendation - Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp (2015)
- 100 Most Influential Muslim American in Georgia 2014 - Law & Political Section (2014)
- 25 Most Influential Asian-Americans in Georgia - Georgia Asian Times Magazine (2013)
- Outstanding Georgia Citizen – Georgia Secretary of State (2012)
- “CNN’s New Guard Member News-Makers 2011” Atlanta
- Georgia Trend Magazine “40 Under 40″ in Government and Politics (2010)
LECTURES & SEMINARS
- The Future of Communications in Public Policy and Lobbying - Georgia State University
- Lecture on Global Business - Mercer University
- Lecture on Entrepreneurship - Kennesaw State University
- Lecture on Lobbying & State Politics - Savannah State University
- Lecture on Global Economic Development –Armstrong State University
- [Published] Joint study on The Impact of Technology on Politics with Univ. of North Florida
SEMINARS & ROUNDTABLES
- Georgia International Trade & Commerce Summit (2018)
- Pakistan Consulate Briefing: The Future of Georgia-Pakistan Trade Relations (2017)
- Georgia Bar CLE Lecture: Lobbying & Real Estate Development - Key Considerations for Real Estate Attorneys (2017)
- Executive Business Roundtable Co-Chair & Panelist: International Trade & Public Policy: "Post-- Election U.S. Political Landscape & International Trade issues to be addressed by the President & the 113th United States Congress (2013)."
- Georgia Bar CLE Lecture: Immigration Law Seminar and Georgia Legislative Briefing (2010)
- Board-member, Gwinnett County Transit Review Committee
- Chairman of the Board, Gwinnett County Community Outreach Board
- Current Member, Atlanta Regional Commission - Global Advisory
- Atlanta FBI Citizens' Academy Alumni Association (2016-2018)
- Chair, Georgia Asian American Legislative Task-force
- Political Analyst for News & Post Newspaper (2018)
- Advisory Committee member, Gwinnett County Bicentennial Advisory Committee (2018)
- Advisory Committee member, Gwinnett County National Day of Prayers (2018)
- fmr. Political Analyst for 1040 AM Radio
- fmr. Chair of the Asian American Caucus of the Democratic Party of Georgia
- fmr. Constituent Member: Overseas Security Advisory Council of the U.S. Department of State